THE OBENSON REPORT

Covering Cinema From All Across The African Diaspora

U People... Make A Move!

I first came across this music video last year, and loved its vibe and energy, so much that I had to reach out to the creator, renaissance woman, Hanifah Walida, who lives right here in Brooklyn, NY, not too far from me actually, and who is also planning a screening of a documentary based on the making of this music video called U PEOPLE. I thought it apropos to revisit this, motivated by the long list of rather unfortunate recent events. Some of you are actually in this video!

On April 8th and 9th 2006, 30 queer, transgender and straight women of color gathered at a brownstone in Brooklyn; and for the next 2 days, a music video was made... this is that music video!




You can reach Hanifah HERE, or check out the profile for the documentary HERE.


TAO

1 comments:

  1. UPeople said...
     

    Hey,

    Thanks for the shout out. You know we started our podcast. It debuted last week. You can check it at www.upeople-themovie.com. Let me know what ya think.

    I'm glad you started this blog! I remember you telling me about it some weeks ago.

    Hanifah

Post a Comment