THE OBENSON REPORT

Covering Cinema From All Across The African Diaspora

Sundance Dispatch #2 - 50 Cent Launches Film Production Company

Hmmm... I love it when my fellow brothas and sistahs take control in order to create further opportunities for themselves and others who look like them; but, for various reasons, this bit of news doesn't inspire much hope within me. If the films that come out of this venture are anything like the music he's produced throughout his career, then I dread what's to come. Good luck to him though.

50 Cent announced at the Sundance Film Festival that he is forming a production company with longtime manager Chris Lighty and producer Randell Emmett (Shottas, Home Of The Brave, Righteous Kill) to produce indie films. He made the announcement during a news conference over the weekend.

Of this new venture, the rapper-turned-actor told MTV: "It means I'll have creative control of some of the projects I commit to and I can choose things to develop. I won't be on camera for everything I'll be producing, but now I'll be producing films too."

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
     

    Will he be making films...

    or selling movies?




    Yeah, I agree and I maintain that we must start our own prodcos.

Post a Comment