THE OBENSON REPORT

Covering Cinema From All Across The African Diaspora

Scarlett Johansson Has A Crush On Obama

"The 23-year-old actress, known for cool, quirky films such as “Ghost World,” “Match Point” and the Oscar-winning “Lost in Translation,” has been an Obama supporter for years... and she’s made no secret of her deep devotion to the candidate."

"“I am engaged to Barack Obama,” she said back in January, joking with reporters after returning from a USO tour to the Persian Gulf. “My heart belongs to Barack.”"


"She e-mailed him after some of the Democratic debates, offering her thoughts on his messages and performance. After the silliness of the last ABC debate... she wrote to congratulate him on “holding his ground.” His replies have been thoughtful, she said, more than a brief line or two... Johansson is somewhat shocked that he keeps up their back-and-forth correspondence. “You’d imagine that someone like the senator who is constantly traveling and constantly ‘on’ — how can he return these personal e-mails?” she asks. “But he does, and in his off-time I know he also calls people who have donated the minimum to thank them. Nobody sees it, nobody talks about it, but it’s incredible.” She adds, “I feel like I’m supporting someone, and having a personal dialogue with them, and it’s amazing.”

More HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
     

    I just read this on another site and while I am certain the dialogue between the two is innocent...I think it should end.

    The GOP and others are looking for ANYTHING to pin on Obama to damage his character. I know Hannity/Colmes would LOVE to blow this out of proportion and make something out of nothing.

    Besides, doesn't Scarlett have other things to do like deny that horrible cd she just released, find another period drama to act in or plan her wedding????

  2. Anonymous said...
     

    I was thinking the exact same thing as Nic said. I think it should end, regardless of how innocent it is. Why gift-wrap ammunition for McCain's campaign committee? Michelle should check him. Lol.

Post a Comment