THE OBENSON REPORT

Covering Cinema From All Across The African Diaspora

Architecture Is Sexy! Part 2

I've already previously professed my love of architecture. You can read all about that here: Tambay Professes His Love Of Architecture.

There are a handful of websites I frequent in order to keep myself abreast of the latest and greatest building designs across the globe, and I'll occasionally post anything that I deem worth sharing, on this blog, as I've done previously.

Today we travel to Jakarta, Indonesia, where the stunning Regatta residential development project is well underway. As described on the project's website: Regatta’s development follows a nautical theme - the aerodynamically-shaped centerpiece hotel, overlooking the Java Sea, and the chic-lined series of 10 apartment towers, symbols of tall ships sailing around the ‘lighthouse’ represented by the hotel. All apartment towers are named after major port cities of the world.

The first phase of the 3-phase project will be completed this November. I gotta say, the Asian territories are doing some really interesting things in building design, with countries like Dubai, Abu Dhabi, China and several others leading the charge. They're taking a hell of a lot more creative risks than we westerners seem to want to.

Here's a glimpse of what we can expect (click for an enlarged view). I wonder how the very top of the arched building will look on the inside... interesting indeed:



SOURCE: REGATTA

0 comments:

Post a Comment