THE OBENSON REPORT

Covering Cinema From All Across The African Diaspora

The Psychology Of The Dark Knight

In the spirit of the times, the History Channel aired an interesting 1-hour program last night titled Batman Unmasked: The Psychology of the Dark Knight, which I caught the second half of, unfortunately. The show gets underneath not just the armor of Batman, the caped crusader, but also that of his alter ego, Bruce Wayne, examining why Batman is who he is, closely exploring his motivations - how a boy scarred by tragedy becomes a symbol of hope to others. The few segments I saw, while not as thorough as I'd have preferred, intrigued me, and I'd recommend watching the program if you're a fan of the superhero.

If you missed it, or just don't have cable TV, and would like to see it, the entire thing is available on YouTube, in 5 parts.

Here are the first 10 minutes:


Find the rest at YouTube.

0 comments:

Post a Comment