THE OBENSON REPORT

Covering Cinema From All Across The African Diaspora

Viola Davis Talks "Doubt" & "Madea Goes To Jail"


Doubt is one of the few films on my must-see list before the end of this year. It will be released this Friday, the 12th, and I plan to catch it some time over the weekend, in time to review it on my podcast next week Monday night.

I'm not so sure I would have been as interested in seeing the film if Viola Davis wasn't co-starring in it - although, she reportedly is in just 2 scenes in the entire 104 minute film, based on the Pulitzer prize-winning play of the same name. However, her work in those 2 scenes must be astonishing enough to warrant the volumes of praise she's received from several critics, with many already handing her the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.

Wilson Morales over at AOL Black Voices interviewed Davis about her role in Doubt, as well as working with Tyler Perry in his next debacle... I mean, his next film, Madea Goes To Jail. I didn't know she was going to be in that movie.

How is that for a dramatic shift - going from working on a film by a Pulitzer prize winning writer, co-starring with some of our most talented and respected actors and actresses, to playing an ex-prostitute in a Tyler Perry sideshow.


Read the entire interview here: DAVIS TALKS DOUBT
DAVIS

0 comments:

Post a Comment