THE OBENSON REPORT

Covering Cinema From All Across The African Diaspora

Good Thursday Morning!

good


60-year old Grace Jones returned to center-stage last fall, with her first album in about 20 years, titled Hurricane, which was released in November.

Critics unanimously exalted the work! I own it, and echo their sentiments.

Below is a video of the first release from the album, Corporate Cannibal, which I first saw last summer, and really dug! I haven't watched it since then, until this morning, when I saw something else that reminded me of it, and, I must say that I'm still just as captivated by it as I was when I first saw it.

There's a simplicity to its design (both the song and the video) that I find appealing, in a "why didn't I think of that" way. Then again, it is Grace Jones. And that's she's main attraction.