THE OBENSON REPORT

Covering Cinema From All Across The African Diaspora

TRAILER - Inglorious Basterds

trailer
No... it's not "black cinema," but if you listened to my last podcast recording, you would know that I listed it as 1 of my most anticipated films of the year! I haven't always been the biggest Quentin Tarantino fan; but, I read the script for
Inglorious Basterds last year, and thought it was quite a riot. The man certainly knows how to entertain!

You can read my review of the screenplay HERE
, and then watch the trailer below.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
     

    Hey hey I thought you wanted a slow down on nazi movies.

    (just kidding)

  2. The Obenson Report said...
     

    Jaceeel's got jokes!

    Well, at least somebody has been paying attention to my posts :o)

  3. Geniusbastard said...
     

    I too have been avoiding all WWII/Holocaust related films like the plague of late, but I have to see this.

    I buy Pitt, he is an Okie so doing hillbilly shouldn't be too difficult. The slight weathering of his face works well for him and makes him believable as a soldier.

    This film does raise a lot of questions: are we ready for a film that uses the holocaust for exploitation film purposes? Plenty of WWII films have been less than serious, but they usually steer away from the grim realities of the shoah. I imagine that our Jewish brethren will also have many opinions on this film since all the members of Pitt's unit are Jews. But of course, this is what makes the film so intriguing and Tarantino so unique.

    I wish the music in the trailer was better.

  4. Anonymous said...
     

    "holocaust for exploitation"

    there have been a few exploitation films about the holocaust the most famous being the Ilsa series and night porter. I won't post a link to video but here is a wiki page on Ilsa.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilsa,_She_Wolf_of_the_SS

Post a Comment